MORTGAGE RATE LOCK ADVISORY
Updated November 24, 2:00 PM PT
Updated Several Times Daily
1-14 Day Close: LOCK
15-30 Day Close: LOCK
31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Freddie Mac Average:30-Yr FRM, Down 0.01 point on: 11-12-15 :3.97%
- Rate Price Based on 3.5% MBS - Closed at: Down -0.04 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Closed at: $17,812.19, Up $19.51
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Down -0.775%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $45.95, Up $1.12
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,078.00, Up $7.90
National Association of
NAR Pending Home Sales Index Jumps in May
99.50% Financing Is Available to Purchase Your Home.
Low rate, 99.50% home financing is available for California home buyers. Email for details
You Don't Need That Much of a Down Payment
Daily Real Estate News |
Many consumers are overestimating the down payment they need in order to purchase a home, according to Christina Boyle, vice president and head of single-family sales at Freddie Mac.
Consumers believe they need 11 percent to 15 percent in order for lenders to approve them for a loan, according to a survey of renters and non-home-owners conducted by Zelman & Associates in New York. Thirty-nine percent say they need at least 15 percent of the purchase price in order to qualify for financing. Only 28 percent of respondents say they would even qualify for a mortgage >>Read More Realtor Mag
Mortgage & Real Estate NEWS LINKS
REPORTS & ANALYSIS
- November Consumer Confidence was much lower than expected and is generally postive for pricing.
- While rates could go either way today an increase seems likely. The safe bet is to lock and take advantage of this week's improved rates.
- Reading for Initial Weekly Jobless Claims and Continuing Claims are right in line with estimates and both pretty good readings. Not a major factor.
- October FOMC Minutes disclose Most voting members in meeting thought a rate hike would be supported in December.