HOME LOAN INTEREST RATE ADVISORY
This page was updated Close of Business, October 22, 2014, 1:15 PM PT
Lock Advice is Updated Several Times Daily
1-3 Day Close: LOCK
4-15 Day Close: LOCK
16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- The price for 3.50% Mortgage Loans, based on Fannie Mae MBS, currently Down 0.01 point
- The world economy is slowing; finally the reality is feeding into US and global equity markets
MORTGAGE MARKET INDICATORS
- FHLMC Weekly Average:30-Yr Fixed Mortgage Rate, on 10-16-14: 3.97% - Change -0.15%
- MBS (3.5%) - Currently 103.76, High: 103.85, Low: 103.59
- DJI Stocks Currently $16,461.32, Down $153.49, Change -0.932%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes changed 1.311%
- Crude Oil (WTI) Currently : $80.53 - Change -2.38%
- Gold 1 Ounce - $1,241.26 Currently - Change -0.78%
National Association of
NAR Pending Home Sales Index Jumps in May
99.50% Financing Is Available to Purchase Your Home.
Low rate, 99.50% home financing is available for California home buyers. Email for details
You Don't Need That Much of a Down Payment
Daily Real Estate News |
Many consumers are overestimating the down payment they need in order to purchase a home, according to Christina Boyle, vice president and head of single-family sales at Freddie Mac.
Consumers believe they need 11 percent to 15 percent in order for lenders to approve them for a loan, according to a survey of renters and non-home-owners conducted by Zelman & Associates in New York. Thirty-nine percent say they need at least 15 percent of the purchase price in order to qualify for financing. Only 28 percent of respondents say they would even qualify for a mortgage >>Read More Realtor Mag
Mortgage Rates Tumble With 30-Year at 16-Month Low of 3.97%
Bloomberg News: Mortgage rates plunged, sending borrowing costs for 30-year loans below 4% for the first time in 16 months, as signs of a slowing global economy drove investors to the safety of government bonds.
The average rate for a 30-year fixed mortgage dropped to 3.97%, the lowest since June 2013, from 4.12% last week, Freddie Mac said in a statement today. The average 15-year rate fell to 3.18% from 3.3%, the McLean, Va.-based mortgage-finance company said.
Mortgage rates are following a slide in 10-year Treasury yields as weaker-than-expected economic data from Germany to China combine with concern about a spreading Ebola virus, sparking demand for safe investments. Borrowing costs for home loans have fallen for four straight weeks, offering a break to buyers and giving owners a new opportunity to refinance
REAL ESTATE & MORTGAGE NEWS